Monday 15 October 2012


"Lucy Levenson is an extremely Creative and Talented Lady!

Read her truly inspiring story!"

Working from a table in the cellar of the old pub that is my home, using just my sewing machine and a pair of scissors, paper and glue, I make appl
ique cushions, fabric throws, decoupage prints on canvas, and other similar items. All done in my own folk art style.

Inspired by visits to St. Ives, I returned from a holiday in Cornwall in August 2010 with a burning desire to see if I could make things that people would want to buy. After spending all my working life as a photographer, it was a major step to consider such a career change.

My career in photography was put on hold six years ago when my young daughter became seriously ill, suffering brain damage that left her disabled. As the years have passed, things have become a bit easier, and I wanted to be able to try and return to work.

I have always enjoyed painting and making craft pieces for myself as a hobby.

My friend Lucy, who owns a vintage clothing shop in my town Luminous & Vogue, in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, saw some of my early pieces and offered to try them out in her shop. Within days to my astonishment they had sold out, and she was asking for more!

Although I have always loved buying eclectic pieces on my travels, I never believed that anything that I could make would be good enough to sell.
My friend told me that people loved my stuff, because it was different and it made them smile.

I hope that you like it too! and please sign up to my newsletter and Facebook page, to hear first about my new products.

I am buzzing with ideas for new designs and products, and find that there are not enough hours in the day!

http://www.facebook.com/lucylevenson
http://www.lucylevenson.co.uk/


No comments: